Тне honey from sunflower is a light product, having a bright yellow to an amber color, occasionally there is a greenish shade. Taste sensations from sunflower honey are rich. It is sweet, with a slight sourish aftertaste. There may be a tart taste. One more interesting effect – in a throat after it can pinch from time to time a little. The pumped-out sunflower honey quickly enough gets denser. Approximately in 2-3 weeks. During this time in it rather large crystals of yellow or light amber color are formed. But in honeycombs sunflower honey, as well as any other honey keeps liquid consistence much longer.
The main components
- Vitamins А, Е, Н, С, К, РР, vitamin B complex. This product has a high content of beta-carotene, useful for the cardiovascular system, has rare vitamins E and PP, supporting the protective functions of the body.
- Organic acids and amino acids. A wide range of amino acids necessary for the synthesis of proteins in the body, as well as the presence of essential organic acids - lemon, lactic, acetic, stearic, folic and others.
- Enzymes. Rare natural ferments, consisting of protein molecules, help to destroy various fats in the body and restore the hormonal balance.
- Phytoncides. These biologically active substances interfere with the development and growth of harmful microorganisms, thereby positively affecting digestion. It normalizes blood pressure.
- Antioxidants. In addition to vitamins-antioxidants, this honey product includes micro- and macro elements - iodine, potassium, selenium, manganese, zinc, copper.
- Carbohydrates. As a part of nectar a large number of a glucose, very important for a blood, is slightly less than fructose. Very insignificant amount of sucrose is advantage of sunflower honey before honey of other grades.
- Normalizes the work of blood vessels and heart. First of all, it is recommended to use sunflower honey for problems with pressure. It also allows to strengthen the vessels, normalize the heartbeat.
- Detoxifies the liver. Regular usage of this product can help to excrete waste and other dangerous substances.
- Releases from edema. Although honey has no pronounced diuretic properties, it still helps to prevent edema.
- Protects from cold, flu, nasal cold. Sunflower honey is suitable for the prevention and treatment of these diseases.
- Relieves nervous tension. This product is considered to be an effective means against neuroses and can be used to strengthen the nervous system.
- Has a general toning and immunomodulating effect. Sunflower honey can be successfully used for prophylactic purposes and also to increase working capacity, if there is no counterindication in use.
It should be noted that sunflower honey contains a lot of pollen, so it is not recommended for people who are prone to allergies.