Acacia is white and yellow. Honey from acacia is slightly yellowish or greenish tint, and is harvested from the delicate flowers of white acacia can often be transparent as a tear. Smell of honey repeats the delicate scent of acacia flowers, but seasoned with flavors of bee nests. Taste of acacia honey is light, unobtrusive, very nice. It is not peculiar sharpness or bitterness, as, for example, buckwheat or meadow honey. Crystallization of acacia honey is very slow. Crystallized form of acacia honey has a small structure, resembling a fat.
The main components
The composition of acacia honey is very different from all other sorts.
- Has a reduced level of acidity and diastase, contains 1.5 times more fructose (41.8%) than glucose (34.9%).
- Vitamins: РР, В1, В2, В5, В6, В9, С, and also maltose, sucrose, phytohormones, aromatic compounds, organic acids, flavonoids, nitrogenous compounds.
- Basic acids: malic, citric, gluconic and lactic.
- Mineral composition: potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, etc.
There are 435 elements in the chemical composition.
In 100 g of the product there are 17 g of water, 0.7 g of proteins, 82 g of carbohydrates, 0.2 dietary fiber. No fats.
Due to its unique chemical composition, honey has the following useful properties:
- Helps to fight stress, calm the nervous system, extra excitation;
- eliminates depression and insomnia;
- it is beneficial to mental abilities;
- decreases blood pressure;
- improves the work of the digestive tract, kidneys, liver, and also promotes their purification;
- helps to fight with diseases of the genitourinary system, acts as decongestant product;
- due to the presence of fructose and sucrose, the product is acceptable for patients with diabetes;
- increases hemoglobin and energy balance after physical exertion;
- used as a general-restoring and immunity-enhancing agent;
- improves haematogenesis, therefore it is very important for elderly people;
- has a disinfecting property, so it is often used to treat damage to the skin, as well as to instill eyes at eye ailments;
- helps with respiratory diseases.
It should be taken with caution to people who have allergic manifestations, although acacia honey is the only one of the whole group of these products that does not cause such reactions (itching, nausea, nasal congestion, lacrimation, etc.). Do not abuse at diabetes and obesity. It is not recommended for children under two years.